Monday, January 24, 2005

Psychology class

Whoa...today I was blown away by the whole idea of neurons and chemicals in the brain. Wow...I remember my high school psychology teacher telling me about dopamine but she never elaborated about it. To hear more about it intrigued me. It also made me wonder, about all the things that could be wrong with the world. I know that it really isnt right, that some people believe that all there is to us is chemicals. Because there isnt, there are emotions. there is a mental process in the brain that is connected to the biological part but is not part of it. Otherwise we would be nothing more than rats in a huuuuge cage. But then again, rats may actually have emotions. But they cannot convey them in such a manner that we humans can so obviously convey them.

Ok...after 50 minutes of being away from this page, I am arguing with what it says. All things that are living (excluding plants trees bacteria...) have emotion, but we are only capable of noticing the emotions of those which we are around the most. We can sense human emotion the best, but we also can detect the emotion of a cat or dog from observing them or hearing them. Or cattle too. Horses too, horses are supposedly very sensitive and sense more of your emotion than you do of it. Blah blah blah that's why when I went horseback riding for the first and hopefully last time the horse would run every now and then--because it was sensing my fright. I was afraid of the horse, and because of that it was afraid of me. I dont like horses. Maybe it's some thing that stems back to my childhood from when my mother was in an accident with four horses. I dunno.

Although this also reminds me of how earlier in psych class they got off topic and started talking about divers. I got really uncomfortable, and they started talking about what can happen if you are going too deep and you are not used to it yet and oh man something about oxygen toxicity....i got really nervous i kinda am now...change of subject...

Is that all we are? that's what I think. We are all just hypochondriacs (sorry if mispelled) and all believe that something is wrong with us just because we saw or heard of someone who had something wrong with them doing something we have done--"there was a psycho once who cooked dinner for himself...oh my god am I PSYCHO?? I cooked dinner once tooooo!!!" some people...

~The Geeng Gr

No comments: