Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Went to David's

Story:

Friday, so excited to be going to David's. Decide not to trust the bus to get there. It was warm out, I would walk. All the way down Harrison in the dusk. So I did. And just like Neil figured, it took about a half hour. And when I got there, I still had fourty minutes before the train was supposed to be there. I had forgot a book, OR paper, all I had luckily was Neil's cd player and plenty of cd's and batteries.

8:05. I go up to the guy behind the counter and ask him how will I know when the train comes. The train was supposed to be there at 8:08. He said he didnt have anything to do with the Amtrak, just the Greyhound. So, I sat back down and waited. Went outside, asked someone if they were waiting for the train too, yep.

After an hour of it being late, I tried to call David on the payphone. Payphone was defective. I asked to use a cell phone, one appeared. I called him, he said he'd call back with info, it didnt leave Chicago until two hours and fifteen minutes late, due to "electrical problems". Or something like that. SO, at ten twenty, I got on the train.

La la la la la nothing out the windows to look at because it's dark. Just the distant lights of towns and now and then a town to go thru. Alot to look at when we went thru Flint. After we stopped at Flint I was awake again, the next stop was Lapeer!! So anyways, got there and had a good weekend. Ashely and Nikki were camped out in the house waiting for me. I got there at one. Ugh...so tired.

We went snowmobiling on the lake...which I didnt think was as thick as they wanted me to believe...and Ashley was supposed to finish cutting the hole in the ice so we could go polar bear swimming but she didnt finish it. It was her task, she promised David.

Monday morning, woke up at 4:30, we were supposed to leave at five. Dave had to go to work at 6, and I had to catch the train at 6:05. Plan was to drop Dave off first and then wait for the train with me. We waited around for Dave to wake up and call for us. He never did. At 5:20 we decided to check on him, he wasnt going to go to work. So we left at 5:30, late. We pulled up to the station, and there was a few cars there, all appeared to be empty. We thought maybe we had missed it, we had no way to know the time. Then not even five minutes after we parked does it come. It was a couple minutes late, if it had been on time (like it never is i guess...) then I would have missed it and been stuck in Lapeer...

No comments: