Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Roaming

Running from the world
Running from the dreams I had
Running away from who I thought he was
I run because I am afraid
Looking back I hope
Hope I got away
Away from all the pain the world is laying on me

I sit
Leaning on a rock
The rain is for me
There is pain caused by my absence
I know I must return
Return to what I hate most
To what I fear
But I sit by my rock
Loving the beauty that is hidden to all but me
Only I can see

As I walk back
Back to hell
Back to all the stress
Back to all the drama
Back to THEM
I think about that beauty I saw
I cry
Wishing the rest of the world could see it
THEY need to see it
Then THEY would understand
Then THEY might comprehend

But until then
I must return
Constantly running to the beauty in the world
Hoping someone will watch me run
And see the beauty that I hide to
Hoping someone will love the beauty in this world
And they will not destroy it
Like so many others have

Until then I must always return.

No comments: