Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good news on a good day

Woke up at 3:30. Couldn't sleep. David woke up at 3:40. Couldn't sleep. Talked enough to be tired. We fell back asleep. Finally I give up on waking up with the alarm clock so I shut it off. Wake up when i'm ready. Go. Stress the whole way to destination. Flat tire. Jerks at discount tire won't patch it. Finally reach destination, 9:40. Enter in through doors... cops. Metal detectors. Up the stairs. Lobby full of people. Should I take a number? "Number 82?" the lady calls. I think I'll take a number. "Number 82?" I pull the number. Number 82. Oh- hey- that's me!

Go down the hall, sign in...list is full of names. I hope this doesn't take hours... just when I send David out to the car to go get something important I forgot, he leaves the room and the judge walks in. All rise, be seated... Calls name, ok, bam bam dismissed. Ginger?? Oh crap, that's me already! David's not back yet... crap... yes I was lawful yes yes... no i do not have my registration, david's coming with it right now... be seated and bring it to me when I call you again......two more people are called. David comes in. Judge eyeballs David suspiciously. Calls my name. Forms, forms, forms... yes yes...waived, waived, down to minimum charge of $124 for az resident with out of state licence. rest are all waived..... thank you your honor......5 weeks to pay it.....making it $144. Thank you!! Instead of owing 1300 i owe 144. Yay hooray.

Had a lazy day at work, pretty easy...drove home on the highway for the first time in my Lincoln, it was GREAT. No flooring it, hoping the transmission eventually kicks into third gear while the rpms are up around 3500 and the car sounds horrible--BAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHBR- BRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! No yelling across the car to hear the passenger who is a foot away. I could hear the music - there was music! I could hear David! No horrible, feel like you're going to die because i'm on the highway in a car that is shaking and is very loud and there's wind coming up somewhere by my feet... none of that... No. I have a lincoln. Dont even think of getting in front of me, my car could eat yours whole if it wanted to and you know it. Your car would be totalled and mine would have a scratch on the bumper. Solid. 1986. I'm not a classic. So don't call my car a classic. Yeah, we're the same age and we both have our issues, but we're almost indestructable. Superwonderful.

Oh, and I saw a carbon copy of my car today for sale. How much? $1500. Hah! I paid 250! Same wonderful car. That made me real happy.

Have a good day. I'll try. My wrists are really killing me. I've been wearing braces on them as much as i can at work and always when i sleep now, but they still hurt. That's why I haven't typed this much recently. I need insurance.

GingaVitis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear. Don't forget to sit up straight!