Monday, December 24, 2007

Blending Lately

So I haven't quite reached all godliness yet, I cannot make liquids or gasses, but I can certainly make solids. Images shall follow...



It started out with the whole fact that I wanted to now just how good I could make a purfume bottle. The intern at work was told to make one so she could see how good he is. Then I saw it and thought "hm... I can make a better one." So I started out with that.

Then of course I had to fix the lighting.



Minor adjustments...



Then I got bored with the purfume bottle, aside from the irritating fact that I do not know how to make liquids yet so I can't make it look like there is something in it (and besides the fact that the straw was irritating me very much by then... I moved on to a new idea. Where is it? Well typically...



Then I thought... something doesn't look right. What is it... oh right. Typically there is a mirror behind a sink because some people actually like to watch themselves brush their teeth... but anyways, I had never made a mirror before. I tinkered a little, and of course by now my computer is moving so very slow and I'm just so antsy to know if my settings were right or not so I can't look it up online to see if i did it right or not... It's not too crisp, it looks like someone just took a shower and fogged it up but hey, it reflects!!!



So after that very happy blender render I thought hm... even though typically people don't have mirrors directly facing a shower, let's put a curtain back there. Yes, an ugly one but even though it is ugly, look past that. I used the colors to distinguish the texture that it rendered better. It is a learning process to see what certain things do, not to make everything gorgeous.



Believe me, if I had more ram it would have more than that. But my computer is so freaking slow that I had to move on to other things. I would have enjoyed making a hairbrush, toothbrush, some candles, maybe a bottle of lotion or something that "normal" people have in their bathroom ( i just have soap and candles on the counter personally...) but once I started a new session of blender I was satisfied once again and could move with ease. If only I could have a gig of ram....(just to be happy...would really like 2, not that you care....)

That's all for now, will post more about blending soon since that's what i'm up to lately. BTW, people need to call me more often. I don't like getting phone calls twice in one day about two people dying. I knew something was up as soon as I saw someone calling me, when I usually always am the one to call them. Really nice Christmas. This year sucks, make next year good please...

Gingavitis