Sunday, July 09, 2006

Today's Story, as told by me

I woke up this morning around 8:43. I remembered that *she* was working. Before I continue, there is something you mus know about her...

*She* is trying to get fired so she can get unemployment. However she is a bad employee and won't end up getting it. Right now she is only on once a week because she is really rude to customers and employees. Back to today...

I rolled out of bed and found a bowl...no cereal. Grrr...ok, I'm going to work early since I dont think *She* will show up at 10 like she's supposed to, and me at 11.

I make it to the plaza. I see Nancy, she tells me she has my hoodie and she'll send it my way. That made me happy but i'm still hungry...I decide to walk in the back and if *her* car isn't there, i have to go in......her car's not there. My manager was hoping i'd be psychic today and show up knowing that *she* wouldnt be there.

Work work work...starving...super busy...work work....time to go play with money for an hour yay...time to leave. Wait, I have to go get a money order so i can pay my bill...go next door to Rite Aid and a smiling man says over the intercom for me "Supervisor to Western Union please."

Now...maybe i'm wrong, but isnt Rite Aid supposed to BE a "western union" station? The answer? YES. Now i've had trouble before cashing a western union money order, but they said they did everything except cashing them, last time...

Supervisor walks up, looking like she thinks she owns the place, with her dark thick makeup and her long evil black hair fried to a crisp...She stands directly face to face with me (ok so i'm short, but still...she got in my face instead of behind the counter) and pointed at the computer. "Our machine isn't working right now. We can't do western unions."

"So you can't do money orders right now??"

"We dont do money orders. Our machine is down."

"Ok, so you cant do anything western union right now."

"No. We don't do money orders. Western Union IS WIRING MONEY."

"If you don't do money orders and you can't cash them, why do you advertise "western union" even if it were working?"

"Because Western Union is *pause* wyyyering *pause* monnney."


I could have chocked the bitch. I left angrily and came home. (on my way home i found a ripe blackberry and ate it, which made me stop frowning, but i was still upset a few minutes later...) I have since emailed customer service about the incident.

And now, the computer's not working right...today sucked. That is my day.